If you own a home, you likely know that there is a wide range of reasons why someone might need to hire a residential land surveyor. And when it comes to the motivation for hiring a commercial land surveyor in Idaho, many of those same reasons apply. But as a business owner, it is crucial to always be one step ahead of the curve when it comes to making your physical property as efficient and welcoming to customers as possible. To that end, here are five different reasons why you might want to hire a commercial land surveyor in Idaho:
- Avoid boundary disputes: Boundary disputes can occur on any type of property, but the stakes are usually especially high on commercial properties. After all, most business owners want to be able to maximize every inch of their property, be that in the form of extra parking spaces, signs and banners or and high quality fences. Knowing exactly where your boundaries are located will allow you to best utilize all of your commercial space.
- Know your zoning: As a business owner, you are likely confident that your property is zoned for commercial use. But zoning restrictions can be more particular than that. For example, if you operate a convenience store and want to start operating a small cafe inside, you might want to check what the zoning restrictions are regarding restaurants and food sales. The more you know, the more prepared you can be.
- Remodels and expansions: When you run a small business, wanting to keep your property in the most attractive and efficient shape as possible is a given. But if you plan to remodel or expand your commercial property, you will want to know if your property contains any physical features that might inhibit the construction process. By investing in a survey now, you can avoid a big headache further down the line.
- Utility information: If your property is built over municipal utility lines, then your local government might actually have a say in what the physical features of your property can include. Additionally, these utility facilities could be major roadblocks if you plan to remodel or add new construction to your property. Again, hiring a commercial land surveyor in Idaho will save you a lot of trouble in this area.
- Existing improvements: Finally, if you have made any improvements to your property in the last few years without first consulting a land surveyor, there could be a chance that those improvements are actually hazardous or illegal for your property. Hiring a land surveyor will force you to fix any possible problems, but it will also allow you to stay ahead of the curve and get rid of any problematic improvements before your local government gets involved.
Whatever reasons you may have for needing to hire a commercial land surveyor in Idaho, we hope you will consider trusting the team at Mason & Stanfield, Inc. with your next land survey. We work hard to be as helpful, accurate and precise as possible.